Re: undo/redo problem

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 19, 2013
      On Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:33:53 AM UTC-5, Gary Johnson wrote:

      > The only time I have that problem is when I have just typed some
      >
      > text in insert mode and I accidentally hit Ctrl-W. I don't know of
      >
      > any way to recover that deleted text.

      You can make use of the '.' register:

      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Recover_from_accidental_Ctrl-U

    • tom arnall
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 22, 2013
        the :earlier command seems to solve my problem.

        belated thanks to all for yr generous attention.

        "The basic truths are self-evident, but 'self-evident' does not mean
        'obvious'." Spinoza, approx.