CodeSchool theme for vim

  • maura.jauhola@...
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2013

      Does anyone uses and/or knows how to get the maximum capability of the CodeSchool color theme on Terminal Vim?

      I am able to get the required result while using the GUI Vim (MacVim) but am far away while using the Terminal Vim.

      Any help would be truly appreciated!

      - Maura

      PS. I use MacOS X 10.8.4 (Lion).

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2013
        On Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:32:38 AM UTC-5, maura....@... wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Does anyone uses and/or knows how to get the maximum capability of the CodeSchool color theme on Terminal Vim?
        >
        > I am able to get the required result while using the GUI Vim (MacVim) but am far away while using the Terminal Vim.
        >
        > Any help would be truly appreciated!
        >
        > - Maura
        >
        > PS. I use MacOS X 10.8.4 (Lion).

        Many colorschemes don't include any configuration for non-GUI versions of Vim.

        If this is the case for you, you can try the CSApprox plugin to make it "just work" anyway:

      • Nikolay Pavlov
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 19, 2013

          On Sep 19, 2013 7:30 PM, <maura.jauhola@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Does anyone uses and/or knows how to get the maximum capability of the CodeSchool color theme on Terminal Vim?
          >
          > I am able to get the required result while using the GUI Vim (MacVim) but am far away while using the Terminal Vim.
          >
          > Any help would be truly appreciated!

          If it was not Mac I would have suggested switching to konsole (or dev version of st) and vim with my guicolors (xterm-truecolor) patch that enables gui colors support in terminal. But I am not sure whether these terminal emulators work on Mac.

          Unlike CSApprox this patch will enable all 24-bit palette, assuming terminal supports it.