Re: HTTP write in netrw?

  • Benjamin Klein
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 18 2:52 PM
      On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 02:57 PM, Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...> wrote:

      > You mean PUT request? Could you give an example command-line for writing to
      > some example URI and the corresponding buffer name (i.e. the URI itself)?

      If you mean "give an example of using cURL to write to some example
      URI", I can cheat: http://superuser.com/a/255624/230861 :)

      Sent from Vmail. http://danielchoi.com/software/vmail.html

    • Nikolay Pavlov
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 18 11:44 PM

        On Sep 19, 2013 1:52 AM, "Benjamin Klein" <ben@...> wrote:

        > On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 02:57 PM, Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...> wrote:
        >
        > > You mean PUT request? Could you give an example command-line for writing to
        > > some example URI and the corresponding buffer name (i.e. the URI itself)?
        >
        > If you mean "give an example of using cURL to write to some example
        > URI", I can cheat: http://superuser.com/a/255624/230861 :)

        This is POST. I do not believe there are many servers that use this for saving file on their end, but I may be wrong.

        I should have asked also *common* server configuration that allows saving: I could have googled similar question for PUT myself.

        > Sent from Vmail. http://danielchoi.com/software/vmail.html

        > ---

      • Nikolay Pavlov
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 18 11:49 PM

          On Sep 19, 2013 10:44 AM, "Nikolay Pavlov" <zyx.vim@...> wrote:

          > On Sep 19, 2013 1:52 AM, "Benjamin Klein" <ben@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 02:57 PM, Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > You mean PUT request? Could you give an example command-line for writing to
          > > > some example URI and the corresponding buffer name (i.e. the URI itself)?
          > >
          > > If you mean "give an example of using cURL to write to some example
          > > URI", I can cheat: http://superuser.com/a/255624/230861 :)
          >
          > This is POST. I do not believe there are many servers that use this for saving file on their end, but I may be wrong.
          >
          > I should have asked also *common* server configuration that allows saving: I could have googled similar question for PUT myself.

          I.e. when asking for http write you had a specific web server you use for development in mind, did not you?