Re: Advanced vimrc? question

  • David Fishburn
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 10, 2013
      ...In my case, I didn't like the indent settings for PHP and XML, so I created:

      after/indent/php.vim
      after/indent/xml.vim

      Oops, I meant:
      after/ftplugin/php.vim
      after/ftplugin/xml.vim

    • Gabor Urban
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 11, 2013
        2013. szeptember 10., kedd 14:35:09 UTC+2 időpontban David Fishburn a következőt írta:
        > ...In my case, I didn't like the indent settings for PHP and XML, so I created:
        >

        > after/indent/php.vim
        >

        > after/indent/xml.vim
        >

        > Oops, I meant:
        >

        > after/ftplugin/php.vim
        >
        > after/ftplugin/xml.vim

        Hi guys,

        Thanks for the info. I should have been more patient googling about.. :-)

        You were very nice.

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 11, 2013
          On 11/09/13 21:55, Gabor Urban wrote:
          > 2013. szeptember 10., kedd 14:35:09 UTC+2 időpontban David Fishburn a következőt írta:
          >> ...In my case, I didn't like the indent settings for PHP and XML, so I created:
          >>

          >> after/indent/php.vim
          >>

          >> after/indent/xml.vim
          >>

          >> Oops, I meant:
          >>

          >> after/ftplugin/php.vim
          >>
          >> after/ftplugin/xml.vim
          >
          > Hi guys,
          >
          > Thanks for the info. I should have been more patient googling about.. :-)
          >
          > You were very nice.

          Don't use Google to get help about Vim. Use the built-in help system
          instead. AFAIK Vim is the _only_ piece of software which comes with a
          "decent" help system. It even has help about how to use help, in
          :help help.txt (or F1)
          :help helphelp.txt

          I learned to play guitar just to get the girls, and anyone who says they
          didn't is just lyin'!
          -- Willie Nelson