Re: Simplified logo concept

  • Chris Simon
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 6, 2013
      Just a comment on the proposed logotype... The slab serifs are too busy, especially between the i and m. My2c

      On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
      On 11/07/13 16:00, Charles Campbell wrote:
      James Beck wrote:
      Hi all,

      I've been playing with this logo for a long time, and I figured it was
      better shared than not. Every time I see the logo, I get an itch to
      tweak it.

      So here it is: an idea for a simplified identity (logo and icon).

      What are your thoughts?
      Personally, I'm fine with the current logo.  No tattoos, though.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

      No tattoos for me either. But if I could lay hands on a T-shirt or sweatshirt (and not need a credit card or a paypal account to pay for it), that would be something. I'll see if there is a Vim stand at the next FOSDEM on 1-2 February.

      It is impossible to experience one's death objectively and still carry
      a tune.
                      -- Woody Allen

    • Marcin Szamotulski
      Message 51 of 51 , Nov 8, 2013
        On 10:41 Fri 08 Nov , Lucas Tadeu Teixeira wrote:
        > James Beck said:
        >
        > > What are your thoughts?
        >
        > I really liked the 8-bit icon. That green looks pretty nice.
        > But maybe the logo needs
        >
        > shawn wilson said:
        >
        > > I would also like to see the web site maintained as a public repo.
        >
        > That would be nice. The website could [certainly] use some sort of refactoring / redesign.
        >
        > --
        > Lucas Tadeu Teixeira
        > University of Campinas

        Let me vote for the new logo too. I agree that a new look is a good
        idea (also for the web site).

        Regards,
        Marcin Szamotulski