Re: Mapping <*-CR>

  • Thomas E. Dickey
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 28 5:44 PM
      On Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:21:06 AM UTC-4, Michael Henry wrote:
      > On 08/25/2013 05:00 PM, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:

      konsole's keyboard hasn't changed in a while (2008 is the most recent):

      http://invisible-island.net/ncurses/terminfo.ti.html#toc-_K_D_E

      There are a couple of
      general comments about the xterm keys:

      a) the \E[ stuff is CSI, used in application mode. \EO is SS3 - normal mode.
      conventionally xterm uses application mode, which is okay except for bash
      users who aren't running in full-screen mode.
      b) the \EOP, \EOQ, etc., are the vt100 PF-keys, which I made xterm use for
      F1-F4 in the 1990s. Before that (and still configurable) are codes with
      numbers.
      c) the modifier stuff came somewhat later (still a long time ago).
      I recall noticing that the modified keys used SS3, which isn't really
      right - and changed those to use CSI format as you see in the terminal
      database. In a quick check, it seems that I did this in 2006.