Re: Sign column always present

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 22, 2013
      Christian Brabandt wrote:

      > [redirected to vim-dev, it is better suited there]
      > On Do, 22 Aug 2013, Andrew Stewart wrote:
      >
      > > On 21 Aug 2013, at 19:05, Josh wrote:
      > > > This is already a feature
      > > > request:https://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=117&q=Sign .
      >
      > Bram,
      > attached patch adds a 'signcolumn' option, that let's the user either
      > always show the signcolumn (value=yes), or never show the column
      > (value=no) or the default only show, when there exists a sign
      > (value=auto).

      Thanks, I'll add it in the todo list.

      115. You are late picking up your kid from school and try to explain
      to the teacher you were stuck in Web traffic.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014
        On Thursday, 22 August 2013 23:07:17 UTC+2, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > Bram,
        >
        > > attached patch adds a 'signcolumn' option, that let's the user either
        > > always show the signcolumn (value=yes), or never show the column
        > > (value=no) or the default only show, when there exists a sign
        > > (value=auto).
        >
        > Thanks, I'll add it in the todo list.

        Just wondering whether there's an ETA on this patch?

        Many thanks,
        Andrew Stewart

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014
          Andrew Stewart wrote:

          > > > Bram,
          > >
          > > > attached patch adds a 'signcolumn' option, that let's the user either
          > > > always show the signcolumn (value=yes), or never show the column
          > > > (value=no) or the default only show, when there exists a sign
          > > > (value=auto).
          > >
          > > Thanks, I'll add it in the todo list.
          >
          > Just wondering whether there's an ETA on this patch?

          Nope. Depends on what other things get reported, how much time I can
          spend on Vim and magic.

          --
          "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
          Popular Mechanics, 1949