(hint) "editing" some special files

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2013
      Hello!

      FYI: if you put the following lines in your .vimrc:

      " Augroup SpecFile: {{{2
      augroup SpecFile
      au!
      au BufReadCmd
      *.doc,*.docx,*.gif,*.jpg,*.JPG,*.odt,*.pdf,*.png,*.ppt,*.xls,*.xlsx
      :call netrw#NetrwBrowseX(expand("<amatch>"),0)|enew!
      augroup END

      then when you "edit" one of these file types, netrw will automatically
      bring up the right viewer with it.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2013
        Charles Campbell wrote:

        > FYI: if you put the following lines in your .vimrc:
        >
        > " Augroup SpecFile: {{{2
        > augroup SpecFile
        > au!
        > au BufReadCmd
        > *.doc,*.docx,*.gif,*.jpg,*.JPG,*.odt,*.pdf,*.png,*.ppt,*.xls,*.xlsx
        > :call netrw#NetrwBrowseX(expand("<amatch>"),0)|enew!
        > augroup END
        >
        > then when you "edit" one of these file types, netrw will automatically
        > bring up the right viewer with it.

        This is new, right? I don't see SpecFile and NetrwBrowseX in the help
        file yet.

        100. The most exciting sporting events you noticed during summer 1996
        was Netscape vs. Microsoft.