Re: Certain commands undock & shift window

  • AndyHancock
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2013
      On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:43:42 PM UTC-4, dwierenga wrote:
      > On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:10 AM, AndyHancock <AndyMH...@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > The trick for docking a window from the keyboard is neat.
      > Unfortunately (well, just for me, that is), I will still have use
      > the mouse since I actually adjust the window after docking to be
      > skinnier than half the width of the screen. I have a widescreen so
      > that I can work with many windows at once, and having one app take
      > up an entire half of the display defeats the purpose of the
      > widescreen (especially when I don't need the app to take up that
      > amount of width).
      >
      > I would look into AutoHotKey [1] then. It does some pretty amazing
      > things for Windows workflows. This script [2] seems like something
      > that would help you.
      >
      > [1] http://www.autohotkey.com/ [2]
      > http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28663/create-a-hotkey-to-resize-windows-to-a-specific-size-with-autohotkey/

      Dan, it looks like an interestin app. Don't mean to sound unappreciative, but I am restricted in the kinds of solutions I can pursue because most of time, I'm in a locked down environment. It took moving heaven and earth to get vim. If it was a simple switch in vim to avoid the window shift problem, that'd be do-able. Anything else....it's could be remotely possible, but pushing for it could be a full time job. I think I better get use to reaching for the mouse. Thanks anyway.