Problem with SnipMate and pathogen (i am novice)

  • Alex K
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 15 4:15 AM
      Hello!

      I am novice in Vim. Using pathogen. Vimwiki runs perfectly via pathogen. But some trouble with snipmate. I have win7 x64. Unzipped plugin snipmate in separate directory in "bundle", configure vimrc by default instruction. Thats way I installed SnipMate, but it doesn't work.

      Open "some.c" file, write "for", pushing <tab> - nothing happen.

      I googled some links and tried diffent install options jf vimrc file, but nothing helped.
      Is anybody here who mahaged this issue? Tell please recomendations.

    • Marc Weber
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 15 9:20 AM
        > Open "some.c" file, write "for", pushing <tab> - nothing happen.
        You also need github.com/honza/vim-snippets

      • Alex K
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 15 11:22 AM
          четверг, 15 августа 2013 г., 20:20:08 UTC+4 пользователь MarcWeber написал:
          > > Open "some.c" file, write "for", pushing <tab> - nothing happen.
          >
          > You also need github.com/honza/vim-snippets

          Don't think it helps, because .c snipet is in default installation of snipmate; But I'l try.

          Is there any other decisions?

        • Marc Weber
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 15 11:26 AM
            Excerpts from Alex K's message of Thu Aug 15 20:22:05 +0200 2013:
            > Don't think it helps, because .c snipet is in default installation of snipmate;
            Then replace pathogen by VAM to learn that the orignial (Sanders) snipmate has
            long been replaced by github.com/garbas/snipmate.

            Additional to "being able to set the &rtp of Vim" VAM also knows about
            latest sources (as long as the community contributes them to
            vim-addon-manager-known-repositories)

            Otherwise good try finding somebody supporting it.

            My biased view on vim plugin management helpers:
            http://vim-wiki.mawercer.de/wiki/topic/vim%20plugin%20managment.html
            (Everybody is welcome to correct anything I've missed)

            Yours
            Marc Weber

          • Christian Brabandt
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 15 11:26 AM
              Hi Alex!

              On Do, 15 Aug 2013, Alex K wrote:

              > четверг, 15 августа 2013 г., 20:20:08 UTC+4 пользователь MarcWeber написал:
              > > > Open "some.c" file, write "for", pushing <tab> - nothing happen.
              > >
              > > You also need github.com/honza/vim-snippets
              >
              > Don't think it helps, because .c snipet is in default installation of snipmate; But I'l try.
              >
              > Is there any other decisions?

              Check with the :scriptnames command, that your snimmate plugin is
              actually loaded.

              regards,
              Christian

            • Alex K
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 15 11:34 PM
                четверг, 15 августа 2013 г., 22:26:58 UTC+4 пользователь MarcWeber написал:
                > Excerpts from Alex K's message of Thu Aug 15 20:22:05 +0200 2013:
                >
                > > Don't think it helps, because .c snipet is in default installation of snipmate;
                >
                > Then replace pathogen by VAM to learn that the orignial (Sanders) snipmate has
                >
                > long been replaced by github.com/garbas/snipmate.
                >

                > Additional to "being able to set the &rtp of Vim" VAM also knows about
                >
                > latest sources (as long as the community contributes them to
                >
                > vim-addon-manager-known-repositories)
                >

                > Otherwise good try finding somebody supporting it.
                >

                > My biased view on vim plugin management helpers:
                >
                > http://vim-wiki.mawercer.de/wiki/topic/vim%20plugin%20managment.html
                >
                > (Everybody is welcome to correct anything I've missed)
                >

                > Yours
                >
                > Marc Weber

                Of cource I'l try VAM. But maybe problem in snipmate of this version

                I installed it classical way: each snipmate file to appropriate vimfolder.
                Ran command :scriptnames. It is loaded, but also doesn't work.

              • Ben Fritz
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 16 7:35 AM
                  On Friday, August 16, 2013 1:34:17 AM UTC-5, Alex K wrote:
                  > четверг, 15 августа 2013 г., 22:26:58 UTC+4 пользователь MarcWeber написал:
                  >
                  > > Excerpts from Alex K's message of Thu Aug 15 20:22:05 +0200 2013:
                  >

                  > > > Don't think it helps, because .c snipet is in default installation of snipmate;
                  >

                  > > Then replace pathogen by VAM to learn that the orignial (Sanders) snipmate has
                  >

                  > > long been replaced by github.com/garbas/snipmate.
                  >

                  > > Additional to "being able to set the &rtp of Vim" VAM also knows about
                  >

                  > > latest sources (as long as the community contributes them to
                  >

                  > > vim-addon-manager-known-repositories)
                  >

                  > > Otherwise good try finding somebody supporting it.
                  >

                  > > My biased view on vim plugin management helpers:
                  >

                  > > http://vim-wiki.mawercer.de/wiki/topic/vim%20plugin%20managment.html
                  >

                  > > (Everybody is welcome to correct anything I've missed)
                  >

                  > > Yours
                  >

                  > > Marc Weber
                  >

                  > Of cource I'l try VAM. But maybe problem in snipmate of this version

                  Quite possibly. But Marc already told you, "the orignial (Sanders) snipmate has
                  long been replaced by github.com/garbas/snipmate." So maybe try the up-to-date version.

                • Alex K
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 16 10:45 PM
                    пятница, 16 августа 2013 г., 18:35:47 UTC+4 пользователь Ben Fritz написал:
                    > On Friday, August 16, 2013 1:34:17 AM UTC-5, Alex K wrote:
                    >
                    > > четверг, 15 августа 2013 г., 22:26:58 UTC+4 пользователь MarcWeber написал:
                    >

                    > > > Excerpts from Alex K's message of Thu Aug 15 20:22:05 +0200 2013:

                    > > > Then replace pathogen by VAM to learn that the orignial (Sanders) snipmate has
                    >

                    > > > long been replaced by github.com/garbas/snipmate.

                    > > > Additional to "being able to set the &rtp of Vim" VAM also knows about
                    >

                    > > > latest sources (as long as the community contributes them to
                    >

                    > > > vim-addon-manager-known-repositories)

                    > > > Otherwise good try finding somebody supporting it.

                    > > > My biased view on vim plugin management helpers:
                    >

                    > > > http://vim-wiki.mawercer.de/wiki/topic/vim%20plugin%20managment.html
                    >

                    > > > (Everybody is welcome to correct anything I've missed)

                    > > > Yours
                    >

                    > > > Marc Weber
                    >

                    > > Of cource I'l try VAM. But maybe problem in snipmate of this version
                    >

                    > > http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2540
                    >

                    > Quite possibly. But Marc already told you, "the orignial (Sanders) snipmate has
                    >
                    > long been replaced by github.com/garbas/snipmate." So maybe try the up-to-date version.

                    I-am sorry guys, "but page no found" for already 2 days with this link.

                  • Marc Weber
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 17 1:49 AM
                      Excerpts from Alex K's message of Sat Aug 17 07:45:54 +0200 2013:
                      > I-am sorry guys, "but page no found" for already 2 days with this link.

                      First: Learn to quote. On Mailinglists you should
                      - drop everything you don't reply to.
                      - you should bottom post

                      github is a commercial code hosting site which offers free hosting for
                      people who want to make their code "public", often open source.

                      I was tired and forgott that the repo changed long time ago:

                      http://github.com/garbas/vim-snipmate

                      "garbas" is the user who is uploading the code. The last part is the project name.
                      Thus visiting the author's page "http://github.com/garbas" then
                      clicking on "repositories" tab oftn allows to find the right repository.

                      A second strategy which you can try is googling for "garbas snipmate".
                      It would have told you, too.

                      But I agree that I should add links to the vim-wiki link I posted.
                      Thanks for telling me. Sorry for having been too lazy.

                      Yours
                      Marc Weber