Is it possible to return to the original window automatically after QuickFix window is opened

  • Dahong Tang
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2013
      Hi, I have my vim setup so that after :make, the QuickFix window opens automatically. I would then get back to the original window to edit my code by pressing Ctr-w repeatedly. I am wondering if this can be automated in vim. Does anyone know how to automatically return to the original window (i.e., the window that called :make) after QuickFix window is opened? Thanks!

    • Dahong Tang
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29, 2013
        On Monday, July 29, 2013 2:16:28 PM UTC-5, Dahong Tang wrote:
        > Hi, I have my vim setup so that after :make, the QuickFix window opens automatically. I would then get back to the original window to edit my code by pressing Ctr-w repeatedly. I am wondering if this can be automated in vim. Does anyone know how to automatically return to the original window (i.e., the window that called :make) after QuickFix window is opened? Thanks!

        Ok, nevermind. I just realized that the command is :winc p