Re: How to close a window by window number?

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 24, 2013
      Eric Siegel wrote:
      > Awesome,
      >
      > Your fix works mostly. The only problem is that the window numbers change after you perform the close. I simply kept the original buffer name around and checked its window after the close.
      >
      > Thanks everyone for the help!
      > I can't believe how inconsistent vimscript can be.
      > We need a standard library.

      I agree that its inconsistent that wincmd c doesn't accept a count.
      However, I'd expect that, if it did accept a count, that it would simply
      perform [count] window closes, which would not be the same as closing
      the window with winnr() of [count].
      As far as window numbers changing after the close is performed - that's
      what I'd expect.
      At least w:vars seem to stick with the logical window that they were
      created in.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell