Re: Vim, win64, mingw, compiling HEAD, xpm trouble ?

  • Sergey Khorev
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013
      > Can you try without MSYS?
      Without MSYS there is neither mingw32-make nor gcc !?

      Do I have to change PATH then?

      Yes, you will need to add paths to make and gcc

      Anyway, the user sent me his exe and python.dll files, but vim
      crashed as soon as I tried any :py command. Is this because he compiled
      with python at f: instead of c: ?

      I don't think so. Probably it has something to do with incompatible builds of Python dlls.

    • Marc Weber
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013
        Having set PATH to C:\mingw\bin only caused the same error

        Marc Weber

      • Sergey Khorev
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013

          On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...> wrote:

          I use similar (some VAR=val pairs are not present, some more are there, but make -f uses the same file) for cross-compiling vim for windows on my Gentoo system: https://sourceforge.net/p/vimpluginloader/dev-tools/ci/default/tree/build.zsh.

          Btw on Windows 7 x64 I can easily crash Vim compiled with Python 2.7.5 and 3.2.5 with :py3 print(1+2). At the same time :py is working correctly.

        • Nikolay Pavlov
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013

            On Jul 24, 2013 7:45 PM, "Sergey Khorev" <sergey.khorev@...> wrote:

            > On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> I use similar (some VAR=val pairs are not present, some more are there, but make -f uses the same file) for cross-compiling vim for windows on my Gentoo system: https://sourceforge.net/p/vimpluginloader/dev-tools/ci/default/tree/build.zsh.
            >

            > Btw on Windows 7 x64 I can easily crash Vim compiled with Python 2.7.5 and 3.2.5 with :py3 print(1+2). At the same time :py is working correctly.

            Same issue here, but with wine and i686-pc-mingw32. Python is always compiled with dynamic linking, but for this reason python 3 is disabled in winesetup.pl script lying near (this also disables compilation option).