Re: Vim, win64, mingw, compiling HEAD, xpm trouble ?

  • Nikolay Pavlov
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013

      I use similar (some VAR=val pairs are not present, some more are there, but make -f uses the same file) for cross-compiling vim for windows on my Gentoo system: https://sourceforge.net/p/vimpluginloader/dev-tools/ci/default/tree/build.zsh.

      > Marc Weber

      > ---

    • Marc Weber
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013
        > Can you try without MSYS?
        Without MSYS there is neither mingw32-make nor gcc !?

        Do I have to change PATH then?

        Anyway, the user sent me his exe and python.dll files, but vim
        crashed as soon as I tried any :py command. Is this because he compiled
        with python at f: instead of c: ?

        Marc Weber

      • Sergey Khorev
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013
          > Can you try without MSYS?
          Without MSYS there is neither mingw32-make nor gcc !?

          Do I have to change PATH then?

          Yes, you will need to add paths to make and gcc

          Anyway, the user sent me his exe and python.dll files, but vim
          crashed as soon as I tried any :py command. Is this because he compiled
          with python at f: instead of c: ?

          I don't think so. Probably it has something to do with incompatible builds of Python dlls.

        • Marc Weber
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013
            Having set PATH to C:\mingw\bin only caused the same error

            Marc Weber

          • Sergey Khorev
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013

              On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...> wrote:

              I use similar (some VAR=val pairs are not present, some more are there, but make -f uses the same file) for cross-compiling vim for windows on my Gentoo system: https://sourceforge.net/p/vimpluginloader/dev-tools/ci/default/tree/build.zsh.

              Btw on Windows 7 x64 I can easily crash Vim compiled with Python 2.7.5 and 3.2.5 with :py3 print(1+2). At the same time :py is working correctly.

            • Nikolay Pavlov
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013

                On Jul 24, 2013 7:45 PM, "Sergey Khorev" <sergey.khorev@...> wrote:

                > On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> I use similar (some VAR=val pairs are not present, some more are there, but make -f uses the same file) for cross-compiling vim for windows on my Gentoo system: https://sourceforge.net/p/vimpluginloader/dev-tools/ci/default/tree/build.zsh.
                >

                > Btw on Windows 7 x64 I can easily crash Vim compiled with Python 2.7.5 and 3.2.5 with :py3 print(1+2). At the same time :py is working correctly.

                Same issue here, but with wine and i686-pc-mingw32. Python is always compiled with dynamic linking, but for this reason python 3 is disabled in winesetup.pl script lying near (this also disables compilation option).