Re: figure file browser , vim , latex

  • Gary Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2013
      On 2013-07-21, Rudra Banerjee wrote:
      > Hi,
      > by any plugin (or from vim-latex), is it possible to browse image file
      > to be inserted?
      > i mean, if I put some key-combination after
      > \includegraphics[scale]{fig:<cursor is here>},
      > then a filebrowser will open and selected file will be pasted at the
      > cursor position with its full path.
      > any idea?

      I don't have a turn-key solution, but it's possible to use the
      ranger file manager (ranger.nongnu.org) as a file browser for vim
      (in a terminal, not in gvim) and there has been some recent
      discussion on the ranger mailing list about how to use it with w3m
      to browse images, so I'm pretty sure you could hack something
      together.

      Regards,
      Gary