figure file browser , vim , latex

  • Rudra Banerjee
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2013
      by any plugin (or from vim-latex), is it possible to browse image file
      to be inserted?
      i mean, if I put some key-combination after
      \includegraphics[scale]{fig:<cursor is here>},
      then a filebrowser will open and selected file will be pasted at the
      cursor position with its full path.
      any idea?

    • Gary Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2013
        On 2013-07-21, Rudra Banerjee wrote:
        > Hi,
        > by any plugin (or from vim-latex), is it possible to browse image file
        > to be inserted?
        > i mean, if I put some key-combination after
        > \includegraphics[scale]{fig:<cursor is here>},
        > then a filebrowser will open and selected file will be pasted at the
        > cursor position with its full path.
        > any idea?

        I don't have a turn-key solution, but it's possible to use the
        ranger file manager (ranger.nongnu.org) as a file browser for vim
        (in a terminal, not in gvim) and there has been some recent
        discussion on the ranger mailing list about how to use it with w3m
        to browse images, so I'm pretty sure you could hack something
        together.

        Regards,
        Gary