Re: Copy matching line and following line to register

  • Bee
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 19, 2013
      On Friday, July 19, 2013 2:08:27 PM UTC-7, Paul Isambert wrote:
      > > Following some vim tip, I can copy all the lines matching TODO to a register u with
      > > quq -- clear register u
      > > :g/TODO/y U -- append of the lines matching TODO to register u
      > > is there a similar way that I can append the line matching and the line following the matching line, for each line that matches?
      > Why not simply “:g/TODO/y U 2”?

      I use that 'simply' form, and vim tells me many times that it yanked x number of lines.

      :silent g/TODO/y U 2

      Adding 'silent' will suppress those notices.

      Bill

    • Jorge Rodrigues
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23, 2013

        On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Bee <forth@...> wrote:
        On Friday, July 19, 2013 2:08:27 PM UTC-7, Paul Isambert wrote:
        > > Following some vim tip, I can copy all the lines matching TODO to a register u with
        > > quq         -- clear register u
        > > :g/TODO/y U -- append of the lines matching TODO to register u
        > > is there a similar way that I can append the line matching and the line following the matching line, for each line that matches?
        > Why not simply “:g/TODO/y U 2”?

        I use that 'simply' form, and vim tells me many times that it yanked x number of lines.

        :silent g/TODO/y U 2

        Adding 'silent' will suppress those notices.

        Bill

        Thanks everyone.
        My next question was going to be how I do this if I start with
        let @u= ""
        :redir @U
        but I figured this one, I just have to do

        :g/TODO/.,+2print

        Jorge