Re: regex variable

  • BPJ
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 19, 2013
      2013-07-19 17:40, Nikolay Pavlov skrev:
      > You missed the point of locales. It is not about encoding, it is about
      > language and affects ranges (what characters match a-z range depends on
      > language you set in your locale) and a big bunch of other things I do not
      > care about.

      I know, but I usually deal with languages that are so exotic or so
      extinct that there are no locales for them, or with such
      philologists' tics like typesetting a language in romanization,
      yet sort it as if it were in the native script. There ain't no
      locales for that either. I'm just happy that I can get UTF-8
      I/O out of the box and that there are tools to do such sorting,
      but for the most part I've had to write my own tools. Luckily
      user-defined character properties can make up for missing ranges
      to a degree.
      (<https://metacpan.org/module/perlunicode#User-Defined-Character-Properties>),
      and ack as grepprg goes a long
      way towards having unicode-aware searching in vim.