Re: yank / delete / paste without output

  • Óscar Pereira
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18, 2013
      On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 03:22:33PM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
      > On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Gary Johnson <garyjohn@...> wrote:
      >
      > > On 2013-07-18, Óscar Pereira wrote:
      > > >
      > > > normal! gv"xy
      > > > "... modify the text ...
      > > > normal! gvd
      > > > normal! "xP
      > > >
      > > > It works fine, except for the warning "x more lines", which makes me
      > > > press Enter needlessly. Is there any way to remove that warning?
      > >
      > > Does setting 'report' to a high value help? If so, you could save
      > > and restore it in your function, e.g.,
      > >
      > > let l:report = &report
      > > set report=9999
      > > " Do it.
      > > let &report = l:report
      > >

      > How about
      >
      > :silent normal! "xP
      > :help :silent

      I tried that -- it didn't work. But thanks for mentioning it anyway!

      > P.S. Is there a way to configure Gmail's web interface to make
      > bottom-posting more convenient?

      I have no idea.

      > --
      > HTH
      > Benji Fisher

      > ---

      Óscar Pereira | https://erroneousthoughts.org

      Rules of Optimisation:
      Rule 1: Don't do it.
      Rule 2 (for experts only): Don't do it yet.
      -- M.A. Jackson
    • Chris Lott
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 18, 2013
        On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Benji Fisher <benji@...> wrote:
        > P.S. Is there a way to configure Gmail's web interface to make
        > bottom-posting more convenient?

        Higlight what you want to quote before pressing Reply (or 'R').

        Chris Lott <chris@...>