Re: Indentation file for Specman E language

  • Paul Isambert
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2013
      צביקה הרמתי <haramaty.zvika@...> a écrit:
      > Hi.
      >
      > I've created a VIM indentation file for Specman E language.
      > Please see it at:
      > https://specman1.wordpress.com/2013/01/20/vim-specman-indentation/
      >
      > I've been using it for 6 months, and while it's not perfect, it seems
      > to generally do the job.
      >
      > Feedbacks and suggestions are welcomed!
      >
      > Someone commented on that page, and suggested using 'indentkeys'.
      > However, I don't understand how using, or not using 'indentkeys',
      > would affect editing experience.

      The “indentexpr” function is executed when a new line is created, but
      also when something matching a part of “indentkeys” is typed; for the
      latter case, you should ask yourself “what kind of things should
      trigger a reeindentation of the current line?”

      For instance, if you’re writing this code in Vimscript:

      if whatever
      dosomething
      end

      one you’ve typed “end” you’ll want that line to be unindented, so it
      matches the first one (whereas for the moment it matches the second
      one, as expected by default). That is done automatically because
      “indentkeys” for Vim contains “=end” (just do “:echo &indentkeys” in a
      Vim file), which means “reindent whenever ‘end’ is typed”.

      Note that the default value of “indentkeys” might already (partially)
      suit your needs (for instance, it reindents on braces). I don’t know
      Specman, so I can’t help you any further.

      Best,
      Paul