Regexp engine comparison?
- Hi. Has anyone got statistics on how the two regexp engines compare? I
mean, the new engine was supposed to be faster, but I've seen a number
of patches since then helping cases when it was much slower; in addition
it seems to suffers from a number of bugs (one of which, with
particularly complex patterns, is known to be present in Vim versions
7.3.1153 and later and has a thread, “NFA-regexp problem in Vim
7.4a.24”, at vim_dev).
- Where does the new engine beat the old one hands down?
- Where does it experience bad performance?
- What kind of regexps are known to be particularly difficult for it?
- Are there known filetypes whose syntax highlighting should (at the
moment) preferably be done with the old engine?
In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence ...
in time every post tends to be occupied by an employee who is incompetent
to carry out its duties ... Work is accomplished by those employees who
have not yet reached their level of incompetence.
-- Dr. Laurence J. Peter, "The Peter Principle"
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.