Re: Simplified logo concept

  • James Beck
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 11, 2013
      On 2013-07-10 22:02, Boyko Bantchev wrote:
      > If we are considering new vim icons, is it really important to keep
      > the diamond? Fitting a text within a diamond implies that either the
      > letters are too small and too close or the diamond is too large: in
      > any case the text is too small as compared with the diamond. Having
      > to fit the diamond itself within a particularly small space (think
      > of a favicon) almost surely blurs the text in it completely.

      That's why I have two different sized icons there; a large one with the
      "vim" text, and a favicon-sized version with only a "v". In both cases,
      I think the green diamond is iconic (ha ha! pun not intended), and the
      words/letters are secondary.

      Mike Hume wrote:
      > Guyz... don't change a thing. I don't wanna have to update my tattoo
      > :P

      Ha ha! Man. I'm so inconsiderate.

      James

    • Marcin Szamotulski
      Message 51 of 51 , Nov 8, 2013
        On 10:41 Fri 08 Nov , Lucas Tadeu Teixeira wrote:
        > James Beck said:
        >
        > > What are your thoughts?
        >
        > I really liked the 8-bit icon. That green looks pretty nice.
        > But maybe the logo needs
        >
        > shawn wilson said:
        >
        > > I would also like to see the web site maintained as a public repo.
        >
        > That would be nice. The website could [certainly] use some sort of refactoring / redesign.
        >
        > --
        > Lucas Tadeu Teixeira
        > University of Campinas

        Let me vote for the new logo too. I agree that a new look is a good
        idea (also for the web site).

        Regards,
        Marcin Szamotulski