Re: Simplified logo concept

  • Boyko Bantchev
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 10, 2013
      > I have two different Vim icons visible on my desktop at the moment:
      > one for Windows and one for KDE on Fedora 11. In both cases, the
      > word Vim is laid over the diamond and the letters are quite clear.
      > The diamond appears as a background rather than a container.

      Even when the word Vim is laid over the diamond and not contained in
      it, whether the letters are legible depends on the size of the icon.
      Besides, the diamond itself tends to be much less discernible when
      overlaid by the word.

      I am now looking at the Vim icon on my task panel (Linux Mint). The
      'im' of 'Vim' is completely illegible. Even the diamond is hardly
      recognizable, as the 'V' is the same size and laid over it. (The
      more so as the background is a square containing the diamond which
      is almost the same green colour as the diamond.)

      Even for larger icons, there is not much left of the diamond to be
      seen behind the 'V'.

    • Marcin Szamotulski
      Message 51 of 51 , Nov 8, 2013
        On 10:41 Fri 08 Nov , Lucas Tadeu Teixeira wrote:
        > James Beck said:
        >
        > > What are your thoughts?
        >
        > I really liked the 8-bit icon. That green looks pretty nice.
        > But maybe the logo needs
        >
        > shawn wilson said:
        >
        > > I would also like to see the web site maintained as a public repo.
        >
        > That would be nice. The website could [certainly] use some sort of refactoring / redesign.
        >
        > --
        > Lucas Tadeu Teixeira
        > University of Campinas

        Let me vote for the new logo too. I agree that a new look is a good
        idea (also for the web site).

        Regards,
        Marcin Szamotulski