RE: Case insensitive search

  • Patterson, Joel
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013

      Thanks everyone for all you help.

      Normally I do a case sensitive search, so I just want to do it when I suspect something is missing.

      I’ll try the various suggestions .

      Joel Patterson

      Database Administrator

      904 928-2790

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
        On 2013-07-09, Nikolay Pavlov wrote:

        > On Jul 9, 2013 5:36 PM, "Étienne Faure" wrote:
        > >
        > > On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Patterson, Joel
        > wrote:
        > >>
        > >> Does anyone know how to do a case insensitive search?   I tried :help case,
        > :help sensitive and so forth.
        > >>

        > > :help 'ignorecase'
        >
        > No, not this. This option affects too much things (string comparison with ==,
        > match*, :s) and thus must be forgotten. It may break some plugins that are not
        > aware about this.

        That's silly. I always have 'ignorecase' set this and have never
        had any problem with it. If setting it breaks some plugin that
        depends on its value, that plugin is broken and should be fixed.

        Regards,
        Gary

      • John Beckett
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
          Patterson, Joel wrote:
          > I'll try the various suggestions.

          You got a lot of good suggestions, but the best thing would be
          to examine our tip:
          http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Searching

          BTW you really should find a way to NOT post long signatures and
          disclaimers to a mailing list.

          John