  • john Culleton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2013
      My not-so-new router works fine with any version of Linux but thus far
      I am unable to convince MSWin (XP or 7) to cooperate with it. I am not
      game to reroute all my wires to bypass the router and connect directly
      to my cable provieder. So I am trying to find a way to download the win
      version of Vim via Linux and then transfer that to the Win partition.
      Unfortunately just copying an exe file to the Win partition doesn't
      seem to work. So is there an ISO image anywhere for Vim that I can
      download, burn on a cd and then use to put vim on my win partition? I
      have a 64 bit pc.

      --
      John Culleton
      Wexford Press

    • john Culleton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2013
        On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 17:44:55 -0400
        john Culleton <John@...> wrote:

        > My not-so-new router works fine with any version of Linux but thus far
        > I am unable to convince MSWin (XP or 7) to cooperate with it. I am not
        > game to reroute all my wires to bypass the router and connect directly
        > to my cable provieder. So I am trying to find a way to download the
        > win version of Vim via Linux and then transfer that to the Win
        > partition. Unfortunately just copying an exe file to the Win
        > partition doesn't seem to work. So is there an ISO image anywhere for
        > Vim that I can download, burn on a cd and then use to put vim on my
        > win partition? I have a 64 bit pc.

        Never mind, I was able to make the installer work after downloading via
        Linux.