Re: vim_use

  • Łukasz Bujakowski
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
      I'm very sorry - is it possible to moderate the topic? I've typed group name accidently.
      :)

      W dniu środa, 3 lipca 2013 01:59:45 UTC+2 użytkownik Łukasz Bujakowski napisał:
      > I've played few hours with netrw today.
      > I've opened files, directories, created/removed/moved some. After some time I've stared to receive strange errors when doing many different things. Like running a shell command. I haven't seen those errors before, and nerdtree -> netrw is the only thing I've changed today, so it must be related. I've increased verbosity, and did `:!ls` to gather a log.
      >
      > http://pastebin.com/wCKqDfsW
      >
      > I suspect, that my `set hidden` is somehow responsible. I also tried reproducing this on fresh vim, but couldn't do it - so either I've set something or a plugin collision occurs.
      >
      > Any ideas what could be wrong, or other tracking techniques then `vbs` to narrow this down?

    • Charles Campbell
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
        Łukasz Bujakowski wrote:
        > I've played few hours with netrw today.
        > I've opened files, directories, created/removed/moved some. After some time I've stared to receive strange errors when doing many different things. Like running a shell command. I haven't seen those errors before, and nerdtree -> netrw is the only thing I've changed today, so it must be related. I've increased verbosity, and did `:!ls` to gather a log.
        >
        > http://pastebin.com/wCKqDfsW
        >
        > I suspect, that my `set hidden` is somehow responsible. I also tried reproducing this on fresh vim, but couldn't do it - so either I've set something or a plugin collision occurs.
        >
        > Any ideas what could be wrong, or other tracking techniques then `vbs` to narrow this down?

        Please come up with a reproducible example of a bug, preferably a small
        example. I'm working on Issue 140 with netrw now, and it may be related
        to your issue. Of course, I really don't know what your issue is
        ("strange error" doesn't cut it).

        About your earlier missive on netrw -- Explore does a an automatic split
        on modified files. To avoid that, some choices:

        * I need to come up with yet-another-option
        * you need to override the Explore command and do the save and Explore
        as you'd mentioned
        * or I have Explore also determine that hidden is set on the file to
        avoid the split.

        I'm leaning towards the latter -- any comments/preferences from onlookers?

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell

      • tooth pik
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
          On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 11:57:08AM -0400, Charles Campbell wrote:
          > Łukasz Bujakowski wrote:
          > >I've played few hours with netrw today.
          > >I've opened files, directories, created/removed/moved some. After some time I've stared to receive strange errors when doing many different things. Like running a shell command. I haven't seen those errors before, and nerdtree -> netrw is the only thing I've changed today, so it must be related. I've increased verbosity, and did `:!ls` to gather a log.
          > >
          > >http://pastebin.com/wCKqDfsW
          > >
          > >I suspect, that my `set hidden` is somehow responsible. I also tried reproducing this on fresh vim, but couldn't do it - so either I've set something or a plugin collision occurs.
          > >
          > >Any ideas what could be wrong, or other tracking techniques then `vbs` to narrow this down?
          > >
          > Please come up with a reproducible example of a bug, preferably a
          > small example. I'm working on Issue 140 with netrw now, and it may
          > be related to your issue. Of course, I really don't know what your
          > issue is ("strange error" doesn't cut it).

          > About your earlier missive on netrw -- Explore does a an automatic
          > split on modified files. To avoid that, some choices:

          > * I need to come up with yet-another-option
          > * you need to override the Explore command and do the save and
          > Explore as you'd mentioned
          > * or I have Explore also determine that hidden is set on the file to
          > avoid the split.

          > I'm leaning towards the latter -- any comments/preferences from onlookers?

          I too lean towards the latter -- one of the main reasons people use
          'hidden' is to avoid the need for such splits

          --