Vim netrw - Explore when modified without split

  • Ɓukasz Bujakowski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 1:27 PM
      I've opened a file and modified it - now I want to do `:Explore` without splitting.

      It splits - because I have an unsaved buffer. By default this is nice, becasuse Vim generally doesn't allow to switch files, until you do something with the modified buffer (save or discard changes).

      But I have set `hidden` option, so I can jump from buffer to buffer, switch files and everything - and save or not when I feel I want to. It seems Netrw doesn't follow this policy. How could I help it?

      One way I know of is to map netrw `explore` to `save & explore`, but I'm not sure if autowriting is a good way of doing things... I am actually using other autowriting settings now, but I was just rethinking to maybe get rid of them.

      I've posted this question on stackoverflow first, over here:
      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17430423/vim-netrw-explore-when-modified-without-split/17431618?noredirect=1#17431618