vim_use

  • Łukasz Bujakowski
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2013
      I've played few hours with netrw today.
      I've opened files, directories, created/removed/moved some. After some time I've stared to receive strange errors when doing many different things. Like running a shell command. I haven't seen those errors before, and nerdtree -> netrw is the only thing I've changed today, so it must be related. I've increased verbosity, and did `:!ls` to gather a log.

      http://pastebin.com/wCKqDfsW

      I suspect, that my `set hidden` is somehow responsible. I also tried reproducing this on fresh vim, but couldn't do it - so either I've set something or a plugin collision occurs.

      Any ideas what could be wrong, or other tracking techniques then `vbs` to narrow this down?

    • Łukasz Bujakowski
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
        I'm very sorry - is it possible to moderate the topic? I've typed group name accidently.
        :)

        W dniu środa, 3 lipca 2013 01:59:45 UTC+2 użytkownik Łukasz Bujakowski napisał:
        > I've played few hours with netrw today.
        > I've opened files, directories, created/removed/moved some. After some time I've stared to receive strange errors when doing many different things. Like running a shell command. I haven't seen those errors before, and nerdtree -> netrw is the only thing I've changed today, so it must be related. I've increased verbosity, and did `:!ls` to gather a log.
        >
        > http://pastebin.com/wCKqDfsW
        >
        > I suspect, that my `set hidden` is somehow responsible. I also tried reproducing this on fresh vim, but couldn't do it - so either I've set something or a plugin collision occurs.
        >
        > Any ideas what could be wrong, or other tracking techniques then `vbs` to narrow this down?

      • Charles Campbell
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
          Łukasz Bujakowski wrote:
          > I've played few hours with netrw today.
          > I've opened files, directories, created/removed/moved some. After some time I've stared to receive strange errors when doing many different things. Like running a shell command. I haven't seen those errors before, and nerdtree -> netrw is the only thing I've changed today, so it must be related. I've increased verbosity, and did `:!ls` to gather a log.
          >
          > http://pastebin.com/wCKqDfsW
          >
          > I suspect, that my `set hidden` is somehow responsible. I also tried reproducing this on fresh vim, but couldn't do it - so either I've set something or a plugin collision occurs.
          >
          > Any ideas what could be wrong, or other tracking techniques then `vbs` to narrow this down?

          Please come up with a reproducible example of a bug, preferably a small
          example. I'm working on Issue 140 with netrw now, and it may be related
          to your issue. Of course, I really don't know what your issue is
          ("strange error" doesn't cut it).

          About your earlier missive on netrw -- Explore does a an automatic split
          on modified files. To avoid that, some choices:

          * I need to come up with yet-another-option
          * you need to override the Explore command and do the save and Explore
          as you'd mentioned
          * or I have Explore also determine that hidden is set on the file to
          avoid the split.

          I'm leaning towards the latter -- any comments/preferences from onlookers?

          Regards,
          Chip Campbell

        • tooth pik
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
            On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 11:57:08AM -0400, Charles Campbell wrote:
            > Łukasz Bujakowski wrote:
            > >I've played few hours with netrw today.
            > >I've opened files, directories, created/removed/moved some. After some time I've stared to receive strange errors when doing many different things. Like running a shell command. I haven't seen those errors before, and nerdtree -> netrw is the only thing I've changed today, so it must be related. I've increased verbosity, and did `:!ls` to gather a log.
            > >
            > >http://pastebin.com/wCKqDfsW
            > >
            > >I suspect, that my `set hidden` is somehow responsible. I also tried reproducing this on fresh vim, but couldn't do it - so either I've set something or a plugin collision occurs.
            > >
            > >Any ideas what could be wrong, or other tracking techniques then `vbs` to narrow this down?
            > >
            > Please come up with a reproducible example of a bug, preferably a
            > small example. I'm working on Issue 140 with netrw now, and it may
            > be related to your issue. Of course, I really don't know what your
            > issue is ("strange error" doesn't cut it).

            > About your earlier missive on netrw -- Explore does a an automatic
            > split on modified files. To avoid that, some choices:

            > * I need to come up with yet-another-option
            > * you need to override the Explore command and do the save and
            > Explore as you'd mentioned
            > * or I have Explore also determine that hidden is set on the file to
            > avoid the split.

            > I'm leaning towards the latter -- any comments/preferences from onlookers?

            I too lean towards the latter -- one of the main reasons people use
            'hidden' is to avoid the need for such splits

            --