Re: How to change just 1 color of the default colorscheme

  • Salman Halim
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 26, 2013
      On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

      Ben Fritz wrote:

      > On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:20:52 PM UTC-5, Charles Campbell wrote:
      > >
      > > * Second, change the color.  You can put overrides into
      > >
      > > $HOME/.vim/after/colors/TheColorschemeNameHere.vim .
      > >

      > This doesn't actually work.
      >
      > Bram, is there a reason it doesn't? I've wanted an after/colors
      > directory on several occasions.

      Well, it's always been that way...

      You can setup an autocommand for the ColorScheme event to make changes
      afterwards.

      Continuing to find more matching files after the first one has been
      found would require changes in existing files, to avoid loading two
      complete color schemes.  I don't think this is common enough to risk
      breaking something.

      I get around this by having a colorscheme called "mySolarized" or "myOriginalName" and starting by sourcing the original and then changing whatever I want to change. (Usually, setting up user colours on the status line.)

      Hope this helps,

      Salman