Re: Re: autocmd useage

  • wangjun850725
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 26, 2013
      au VimEnter * call feedkeys('\ca', 'n')
      it is failed too!
      From: Xell Liu
      Date: 2013-06-26 22:56
      To: vim_use
      Subject: Re: autocmd useage
      On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM, wangjun850725 <wangjun850725@...> wrote:
      > Hi :
      > I want to execute "\ca" when I opened gvim.
      > I set:
      > autocmd VimEnter * exe "normal \\ca"
      > or
      > autocmd VimEnter * normal \ca
      > that are all failed.
      >
      > How to write this command?

      Maybe feedkeys() would help here, e.g. au VimEnter * call
      feedkeys('\ca', 'n') or something like that. Good luck.

      > "
      > 3.2.11 Use alternate delims map
      > *NERDComAltDelim*
      > Default mapping: <leader>ca
      > Mapped to: <plug>NERDCommenterAltDelims
      > Applicable modes: normal.
      >
      > Changes to the alternative commenting style if one is available. For
      > example,
      > if the user is editing a c++ file using // comments and they hit <leader>ca
      > then they will be switched over to /**/ comments.
      >
      > the plugin is NERDcomment
      > "
      >
      > --
      > --
      > You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
      > Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      > For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
      >
      > ---

      You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

    • Nikolay Pavlov
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 26, 2013

        On Jun 26, 2013 6:57 PM, "Xell Liu" <xell.liu@...> wrote:

        > On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM, wangjun850725 <wangjun850725@...> wrote:
        > > Hi :
        > > I want to execute "\ca" when I opened gvim.
        > > I set:
        > > autocmd VimEnter * exe "normal \\ca"
        > > or
        > > autocmd VimEnter * normal \ca
        > > that are all failed.
        > >
        > > How to write this command?
        >
        > Maybe feedkeys() would help here, e.g. au VimEnter * call
        > feedkeys('\ca', 'n') or something like that. Good luck.

        Wondering how feedkeys(, *'n'*) is supposed to execute a *mapping*. You should have suggested feedkeys(, 't').

        > > "
        > > 3.2.11 Use alternate delims map
        > > *NERDComAltDelim*
        > > Default mapping: <leader>ca
        > > Mapped to: <plug>NERDCommenterAltDelims
        > > Applicable modes: normal.
        > >
        > > Changes to the alternative commenting style if one is available. For
        > > example,
        > > if the user is editing a c++ file using // comments and they hit <leader>ca
        > > then they will be switched over to /**/ comments.
        > >
        > > the plugin is NERDcomment
        > > "
        > >
        > > --
        > > --
        > >
        > > ---

        > ---

      • wangjun850725
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 26, 2013
          au VimEnter * call feedkeys('\ca', 't')
          it is failed too!
          Date: 2013-06-26 23:14
          To: vim_use

          href="mailto:wangjun850725@...">wangjun850725@...> wrote:
          > > Hi :
          > > I want to execute "\ca" when I opened
          gvim.
          > > I set:
          > > autocmd VimEnter * exe "normal
          \\ca"
          > > or
          > > autocmd VimEnter * normal \ca

          that are all failed.

          > > How to write this
          command?

          > Maybe feedkeys() would help here, e.g. au VimEnter *
          call
          > feedkeys('\ca', 'n') or something like that. Good luck.

          Wondering how feedkeys(, *'n'*) is supposed to execute a *mapping*. You should have suggested feedkeys(, 't').

          > > "
          > > 3.2.11 Use alternate delims map

          *NERDComAltDelim*
          > > Default mapping: <leader>ca

          Mapped to: <plug>NERDCommenterAltDelims
          > > Applicable modes:
          normal.

          > > Changes to the alternative commenting style if
          one is available. For
          > > example,
          > > if the user is editing
          a c++ file using // comments and they hit <leader>ca
          > > then
          they will be switched over to /**/ comments.

          > > the
          plugin is NERDcomment

          href="http://www.vim.org/maillist.php">http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

          > > ---
          subscribed to the Google Groups
          > > "vim_use" group.
          unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
          href="mailto:vim_use%2Bunsubscribe@...">vim_use+unsubscribe@....
          href="https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out">https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

          > You received this
          message from the "vim_use" maillist.
          > Do not top-post! Type your reply
          below the text you are replying to.
          > For more information, visit
          href="http://www.vim.org/maillist.php">http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

          Groups "vim_use" group.
          > To unsubscribe from this group and stop
          receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....

        • Charles Campbell
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 26, 2013
            wangjun850725 wrote:
            > au VimEnter * call feedkeys('\ca', 't')

            Please bottom post! That's the consensus vim list policy.

            I believe your problem is that you're trying to execute a mapping,
            '\ca', that has not been defined at the time the VimEnter event fires.

            What you want is for the mapping to execute -after- its been defined.
            It just so happens that vim supports that sort of thing.

            (untested) Try putting

            norm \ca

            in $HOME/.vim/after/plugin/NERDcomment.vim . You may have to create a
            directory or two.

            C Campbell

          • Nikolay Pavlov
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 26, 2013

              On Jun 26, 2013 7:43 PM, "Charles Campbell" <Charles.E.Campbell@...> wrote:

              > wangjun850725 wrote:
              >>
              >> au VimEnter * call feedkeys('\ca', 't')
              >>
              > Please bottom post!  That's the consensus vim list policy.
              >
              > I believe your problem is that you're trying to execute a mapping, '\ca', that has not been defined at the time the VimEnter event fires.
              >
              > What you want is for the mapping to execute -after- its been defined.  It just so happens that vim supports that sort of thing.
              >
              > (untested) Try putting
              >
              >   norm \ca
              >
              > in $HOME/.vim/after/plugin/NERDcomment.vim .  You may have to create a directory or two.
              >
              > C Campbell

              By the time of VimEnter all plugins should have been already loaded. It would not load though with something like yours AsNeeded (though mapping should still work as it will trigger autoload, right?) or with VAM activating plugins *not from vimrc* (additions to runtimepath are not handled correctly if they are done after vim started to load plugins from runtimepath; we have a workaround, but it uses VimEnter too and is likely to be launched after event from the vimrc).