Question: syntax/c.vim: cNumbers -> cNumber containment

  • Soobok Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2013
      I am looking into .vim/syntax/c.vim and especially on cNumbers match rules.
      This c syntax rules states that
      cNumbers matches only the first single digit of integer number (\>\d),
      while it "contains" cNumber which can contain multiple digits ( /\d\+/ ).

      What is the purpose of 'cNumbers' rule here??

      Thanks in advance.

      "integer number, or floating point number without a dot and with "f".
      syn case ignore
      syn match cNumbers display transparent "\<\d\|\.\d" contains=cNumber,cFloat,cOctalError,cOctal
      " Same, but without octal error (for comments)
      syn match cNumbersCom display contained transparent "\<\d\|\.\d" contains=cNumber,cFloat,cOctal
      syn match cNumber display contained "\d\+\(u\=l\{0,2}\|ll\=u\)\>"