Re: Show perl sub name in status line

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2013
      On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:54:59 AM UTC-5, Егор wrote:
      > Hello.
      >
      > So, to do this I try to use this how to http://blogs.perl.org/users/ovid/2011/01/show-perl-subname-in-vim-statusline.html
      >
      > But because I using gVim on Windows, I can't set perl interface to
      > gVim. I want to do this on vimscript.  So my questions are:
      >
      > Is it possible to use ActiveState perl like perl interface on gVim
      > on windows?
      >
      > Is it possible to write the same script as in howto above in
      > vimscript?
      >
      > Thanks a lot.

      You don't "set perl interface", you compile Vim with Perl support, using a specific Perl version.

      I have not compiled Vim with Perl support before, but I imagine it is similar to compiling with Python support, which is certainly possible on Windows:

      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Build_Python-enabled_Vim_on_Windows_with_MinGW

      I assume ActivePerl will work with Vim, if not Strawberry Perl should. Like I said, I've never actually tried it.

      If your Vim is already compiled with Perl support (see the output of the :version command), then you need to make sure the same version of Perl is installed that Vim was compiled with, and that it is accessible on your system path.

    • Nikolay Pavlov
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2013

        On Jun 18, 2013 6:46 PM, "Ben Fritz" <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:

        > On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:54:59 AM UTC-5, Егор wrote:
        > > Hello.
        > >
        > >     So, to do this I try to use this how to http://blogs.perl.org/users/ovid/2011/01/show-perl-subname-in-vim-statusline.html
        > >
        > >     But because I using gVim on Windows, I can't set perl interface to
        > >     gVim. I want to do this on vimscript.  So my questions are:
        > >
        > >     Is it possible to use ActiveState perl like perl interface on gVim
        > >     on windows?
        > >
        > >     Is it possible to write the same script as in howto above in
        > >     vimscript?
        > >
        > >     Thanks a lot.
        >
        > You don't "set perl interface", you compile Vim with Perl support, using a specific Perl version.
        >
        > I have not compiled Vim with Perl support before, but I imagine it is similar to compiling with Python support, which is certainly possible on Windows:
        >
        > http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Build_Python-enabled_Vim_on_Windows_with_MinGW
        >
        > I assume ActivePerl will work with Vim, if not Strawberry Perl should. Like I said, I've never actually tried it.

        I have an experience of cross-compiling (i686 mingw cross-compiler on a Gentoo amd64 host) vim with strawberry perl. It works fine under wine.