RE: ANN: vim-online-thesaurus -- a Vim plugin for looking up words in an online thesaurus

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 18, 2013
      Thanks. I can really use this.

      Note 404 error
      --https://github.com/beloglazov/vim-online-thesaurus/raw/master/screensh

      -----Original Message-----
      From: vim_use@... [mailto:vim_use@...] On Behalf
      Of Jacobo de Vera
      Sent: June-18-13 6:38 AM
      To: vim_use
      Subject: Re: ANN: vim-online-thesaurus -- a Vim plugin for looking up words
      in an online thesaurus

      On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Anton Beloglazov
      <anton.beloglazov@...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > vim-online-thesaurus -- is a new plugin for Vim allowing you to look
      > up words in an online thesaurus, which is at the moment configured to
      > be http://thesaurus.com/ It's lightweight and does not require you to
      > store a database of words locally. The plugin displays the definition
      > of the word under the cursor and a list of synonyms, as shown on the
      screenshot:

      > https://github.com/beloglazov/vim-online-thesaurus/raw/master/screensh
      > ot.png

      Thanks for the plugin. Also, what is the font used in the screenshot?
      It's very nice.
      Jacobo de Vera
      http://www.jacobodevera.com

    • Anton Beloglazov
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 18, 2013
        On Tuesday, 18 June 2013 20:38:22 UTC+10, Jacobo de Vera wrote:
        > On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Anton Beloglazov
        >
        > > Hi All,
        >

        > > vim-online-thesaurus -- is a new plugin for Vim allowing you to look up
        >
        > > words in an online thesaurus, which is at the moment configured to be
        >
        > > http://thesaurus.com/ It's lightweight and does not require you to store a
        >
        > > database of words locally. The plugin displays the definition of the word
        >
        > > under the cursor and a list of synonyms, as shown on the screenshot:
        >

        > > https://github.com/beloglazov/vim-online-thesaurus/raw/master/screenshot.png
        >

        > Thanks for the plugin. Also, what is the font used in the screenshot?
        >
        > It's very nice.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > --
        >
        > Jacobo de Vera
        >
        > http://www.jacobodevera.com

        Thanks, Jacobo! The font is called Terminus.

        Cheers,
        Anton

      • Anton Beloglazov
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 18, 2013
          Hi Paul,

          The link to the screenshot in my first post works for me. The correct link is:

          https://raw.github.com/beloglazov/vim-online-thesaurus/master/screenshot.png

          Cheers,
          Anton

          On Tuesday, 18 June 2013 21:46:13 UTC+10, Paul wrote:
          > Thanks. I can really use this.
          >

          > Note 404 error
          >
          > --https://github.com/beloglazov/vim-online-thesaurus/raw/master/screensh

        • ping

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 18, 2013
              Hi Ping,

              No, at the moment the plugin only supports English.

              Cheers,
              Anton