Anyone know anything about vim debugger?

  • Linda W
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 14, 2013
      I am trying the vim debugger for the first time and
      Tried running it to debug a perl program.

      My code was in my 'bin' directory and I needed
      to have it operate in a different directory where the data
      was.

      So in vim, I 'cd'd to the data dir ... but when I tried to
      run the debugger, it said no file to debug?

      What did I do wrong?

    • Rob Hoelz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2013
        On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:54:58 -0700
        Linda W <vim@...> wrote:

        > I am trying the vim debugger for the first time and
        > Tried running it to debug a perl program.
        >
        > My code was in my 'bin' directory and I needed
        > to have it operate in a different directory where the data
        > was.
        >
        > So in vim, I 'cd'd to the data dir ... but when I tried to
        > run the debugger, it said no file to debug?
        >
        > What did I do wrong?

        Hi Linda,

        Which debugger are you referring to?

        -Rob
      • Nikolay Pavlov
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2013

          On Jun 15, 2013 4:55 AM, "Linda W" <vim@...> wrote:

          > I am trying the vim debugger for the first time and
          > Tried running it to debug a perl program.
          >
          > My code was in my 'bin' directory and I needed
          > to have it operate in a different directory where the data
          > was.
          >
          > So in vim, I 'cd'd to the data dir ... but when I tried to
          > run the debugger, it said no file to debug?
          >
          > What did I do wrong?

          Em... What is "vim debugger"? There is built-in debugger for VimL (and it sucks), but no Vim debuggers for any other programs. And also when you ask such questions always include exact steps. "Tried to run the debugger" is not descriptive, write down what you do when trying.