Use a flag in modeline

  • Fabien Meghazi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2013
      Hi all,

      I'm using some autocmd on some filetypes in order to automatically a
      "compilation" step.

      By example I do it for sass files that are compiled to css, markdown
      converted to html, ...

      au BufWritePost,FileWritePost *.md,*.mkd :!markdown "<afile>" > "%:p:r.html"
      au BufWritePost,FileWritePost *.sass :!sass --compass --style expanded
      <afile> > "%:p:r.css"

      (I'm not fan of compilers watching the folder for changes doing it on the fly)

      But now I would like to opt-in for those feature. Meaning that I'd
      like to specify in the file if it should be compiled or not. So
      naturally I'm searching for a way to specify this in the modeline so I
      can conditionally compile in the autocmd.

      Eg:

      # vim: let g:compile=1:

      Vim does not allow this for security reason, I saw there was a plugin
      for that ( let-modeline ) but I'd like to avoid using a plugin for
      such a trivial task.

      So I was wondering if there was some custom or obscure boolean option
      that I could use for this "compile" flag or if anyone here have a
      better idea ?

      Thanks.

      --
      Fabien Meghazi