problem with perl snips in xptemplate plugin

  • KKde
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2013

      Is anyone using xptemplate plugin? If yes anyone has problem with snips for perl filetype?

      when I trigger any snippet defined for perl I get the below error

      Error detected while processing function XPPprocess..5..<SNR>45_DoStart..<SNR>45_RenderSnippet..<SNR>45_NewRenderContext..XPT#classNew..<SNR>35_New:
      E713: Cannot use empty key for Dictionary

      I enabled verbose setting and tried to debug. But I find tracing problem is hard in vim(i'm not expert in vim script.

      Note: For other file types i'm not having this problem. They are working fine.

      PS: I see xptemplate google group is inactive and hence asking the question here?

    • KKde
      Message 2 of 2 , May 24, 2013
        On Friday, May 24, 2013 4:33:46 PM UTC-5, KKde wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Is anyone using xptemplate plugin? If yes anyone has problem with snips for perl filetype?
        >
        > when I trigger any snippet defined for perl I get the below error
        >
        > Error detected while processing function XPPprocess..5..<SNR>45_DoStart..<SNR>45_RenderSnippet..<SNR>45_NewRenderContext..XPT#classNew..<SNR>35_New:
        > E713: Cannot use empty key for Dictionary
        >
        > I enabled verbose setting and tried to debug. But I find tracing problem is hard in vim(i'm not expert in vim script.
        >
        > Note: For other file types i'm not having this problem. They are working fine.
        >
        > PS: I see xptemplate google group is inactive and hence asking the question here?

        After setting verbose > 13, I found the issue.

        code is having issue at this point

        let indentkeysList = split( &indentkeys, ',' )
        call filter( indentkeysList, 'v:val=~''\V\^0''' )
        for k in indentkeysList
        if k[ 1 ] == '='
        let self.oriIndentkeys[ k[ 2: ] ] = 1
        else
        let self.leadingCharToReindent[ k[ 1: ] ] = 1
        endif
        endfor

        For, perl language the indentkeys is set to 0{,0},:,0#,!^F,o,O,e,0=,0),0],0=or,0=and

        and the expression 0= is causing problem. I fixed this problematic code using
        if strlen(k) > 2
        let self.oriIndentkeys[ k[ 2: ] ] = 1
        endif

        Question is, Is indentkeys 0= is meaningful?