Re: How to deal with multiple compiler error formats, possibly from a single make invocation?

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 4 , May 24, 2013
      On Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:51:43 PM UTC-5, Sam Roberts wrote:
      > On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
      >
      > > On Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:46:05 PM UTC-5, Sam Roberts wrote:
      >
      > >> I'd like something like:
      >

      > >> after/javascript.vim:
      >
      > >> compiler jshint
      >
      > >> compiler +node
      >
      > >> compiler +mocha
      >

      > > Maybe instead you could use :caddfile, :caddbuffer, or :caddexpr to build a list using one format at a time?
      >

      > Can you give me more of a hint?
      >

      > Somehow, I'd have to create a macro that ran make, then called
      >
      > compiler X, caddfile, compiler Y, caddfile, etc....?

      I don't have a specific example, but yes, that's what I had in mind. Or better, a function called by a command.

      When I made the suggestion, I thought you could get each compiler's output separately. Then it would be easy. But since all your compilers output to a single file, you'll probably actually need something like:

      function ParseEverything()
      lines=readfile(compiler_output_file)
      call writefile(filter(copy(lines), 'v:val =~ ''pattern_to_match_compiler_x'''), compiler_x_output_file)
      compiler X
      caddfile compiler_x_output_file
      " etc.
      endfunction

      So, maybe combining the errorformats is easier.

      Alternatively, you could write a function or program to transform all the outputs into a common errorformat. In the Vim repository, runtime/tools has a ccfilter tool to do this for some compilers, you might look into that one.