Re: To all syntax file maintainers: examples needed

  • Rob Hoelz
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23 12:48 PM
      On Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:00:11 PM UTC+2, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > The plan is to include a new regexp engine in Vim 7.4. For testing
      >
      > I would like to get a lot of files for which we have syntax
      >
      > highlighting. I can then compare the highlighting of these files with
      >
      > the old and the new engine to find anything that is not compatible.
      >

      > Please send me a file that exercises most regexp patterns in the syntax
      >
      > file. It doesn't need to be long, but it should be a complex example of
      >
      > the language. Send it as an attachment to avoid the white space being
      >
      > messed up by the mail system.
      >

      > I would prefer one file per syntax, but it must be valid syntax. If one
      >
      > file is problematic (e.g., you can't concatenate small files without
      >
      > making it invalid), then a few files would be OK. A rough goal would be
      >
      > 1000 lines.
      >

      > At some later point we might also want to do performance measurements.
      >
      > Although I already have a few "bad" examples for that.
      >

      > IMPORTANT: I will distribute the collection of files, so that others can
      >
      > reproduce problems, do performance measurements, etc. Make sure your
      >
      > file has a copyright that permits this. Don't reveal any secrets,
      >
      > patents, trademarks, etc. A line stating that the Vim license applies
      >
      > should be sufficient.
      >

      > --
      >
      > This is the polymorph virus! Follow these instructions carefully:
      >
      > 1. Send this message to everybody you know.
      >
      > 2. Format your harddisk.
      >
      > Thank you for your cooperation in spreading the most powerful virus ever!

      Here's a post I made on the general mailing list:

      https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/vim_use/QU7mW9RWnLc

      If you comment out the set regexpengine statement, it breaks the folding entirely.

      -Rob

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23 2:03 PM
        Rob Hoelz wrote:

        > Here's a post I made on the general mailing list:
        >
        > https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/vim_use/QU7mW9RWnLc
        >
        > If you comment out the set regexpengine statement, it breaks the
        > folding entirely.

        I'm only testing with the actual syntax highlighting.
        If you see a particular pattern that's not working, please make an
        example in this form:

        echo matchlist("t", '\%#=1ú\Z')
        echo matchlist("t", '\%#=2ú\Z')

        --
        Westheimer's Discovery:
        A couple of months in the laboratory can