Re: Vundle vs Pathogen

  • Gary Johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , May 23, 2013
      On 2013-05-23, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > On Thu, May 23, 2013 14:38, Donie Leigh wrote:
      > > I found that the vim-scripts repo is not
      > > updated in time, the latest activity was carried out a month ago ! As
      > > an OCD patient of updating, I cannot tolerate old versions of vim
      > > scripts.
      >
      > I don't know what an OCD patient is, but I don't understand, why
      > you "cannot tolerate old versions of vim scripts"? If they work well
      > for you, why bother?

      OCD - Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - an anxiety disorder
      characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness,
      apprehension, fear, or worry; by repetitive behaviors aimed at
      reducing the associated anxiety; or by a combination of such
      obsessions and compulsions.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E2%80%93compulsive_disorder

      Regards,
      Gary

    • Donie Leigh
      Message 2 of 7 , May 23, 2013
        @Marc Thanks for your recommendation, it seems VAM gives consideration
        to both statibility and radicalism. I will give it try.

        2013/5/24 Gary Johnson <garyjohn@...>:
        > On 2013-05-23, Christian Brabandt wrote:
        >> On Thu, May 23, 2013 14:38, Donie Leigh wrote:
        >> > I found that the vim-scripts repo is not
        >> > updated in time, the latest activity was carried out a month ago ! As
        >> > an OCD patient of updating, I cannot tolerate old versions of vim
        >> > scripts.
        >>
        >> I don't know what an OCD patient is, but I don't understand, why
        >> you "cannot tolerate old versions of vim scripts"? If they work well
        >> for you, why bother?
        >
        > OCD - Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - an anxiety disorder
        > characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness,
        > apprehension, fear, or worry; by repetitive behaviors aimed at
        > reducing the associated anxiety; or by a combination of such
        > obsessions and compulsions.
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E2%80%93compulsive_disorder
        >
        > Regards,
        > Gary

        > ---

      • Rostislav Svoboda
        Message 3 of 7 , May 24, 2013
          >>> As an OCD patient of updating, I cannot tolerate old versions of vim scripts.
          >>
          >> I don't know what an OCD patient is, but I don't understand, why you "cannot tolerate old versions of vim scripts"?

          Hahaha :) ... nice weekend to everyone :)