Aw: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • Klaus Rudolph
    Message 1 of 17 , May 21, 2013

      > Hello Vim users,
      >
      > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
      > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
      > Vim 7.4!
      >
      > The top five of the voting list:
      > http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php
      >
      > 1. add IDE features
      > 2. add integration with Python instead of inventing more Vim script
      > 3. fix all problems, big and small; make Vim more robust
      > 4. improve syntax highlighting speed
      > 5. add collaborative editing

      BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

      Regards
      Klaus

    • ZyX
      Message 2 of 17 , May 22, 2013
        > BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

        Really? Check out :h 'indentexpr'. It could be modified, but you will either have to do some hacks relying on cindent() result or rewrite everything what is there in C code in other language.