Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 17 , May 21 4:05 AM
      Ron Aaron wrote:

      > I know it's late to vote, but some sort of sane 'gdb' integration would
      > be supremely useful. I haven't found any packages for this that don't
      > involve a lot of setup.

      There are several implementations, including my own "Agide".
      Pick one that is the best and improve it...
      Most likely it won't require more than a few changes inside Vim itself.

      --
      Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
      does baby oil come from?

    • Klaus Rudolph
      Message 2 of 17 , May 21 4:45 AM

        > Hello Vim users,
        >
        > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
        > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
        > Vim 7.4!
        >
        > The top five of the voting list:
        > http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php
        >
        > 1. add IDE features
        > 2. add integration with Python instead of inventing more Vim script
        > 3. fix all problems, big and small; make Vim more robust
        > 4. improve syntax highlighting speed
        > 5. add collaborative editing

        BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

        Regards
        Klaus

      • ZyX
        Message 3 of 17 , May 22 8:02 PM
          > BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

          Really? Check out :h 'indentexpr'. It could be modified, but you will either have to do some hacks relying on cindent() result or rewrite everything what is there in C code in other language.