Re: empty bufname('%') for quick fix, location list and preview window.

  • Zhao Cai
    Message 1 of 9 , May 15 1:01 PM
      Thanks. That is one of a way to do it.

      another way I notice it to parse the `ls` result. I have something like this in my environment (MacVim).

      > 16 a- "[Location List]" line 0
      > 17 %a- "[Quickfix List]" line 1

      Do you get the same results?

      Thanks.

      On May 15, 2013, at 11:18 AM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:

      > On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:45:16 PM UTC-5, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      >>
      >> Anyway, I am not aware of any option you can check to differentiate
      >>
      >> between quickfix and location lists. You could try to check the
      >>
      >> w:quickfix_title variable, it could give a clue.
      >>

      > I did this differently. In an ftplugin file for "qf" type, I actually store off the current window number, call ":copen", and check to see whether the current window number is still the same. Note you need to have a guard variable to prevent recursion.
      >
      > if &buftype=='quickfix'
      > if !exists('s:processing')
      > let listbufnr = bufnr("%")
      > let numwindows = winnr('$')
      > let curwin = winnr()
      > let s:processing = 1
      > copen
      > call setbufvar(listbufnr, 'errorlist_type', (curwin == winnr() ? quickfix' : 'location'))
      > " close the quickfix list if it was closed when we began
      > if numwindows != winnr('$')
      > cclose
      > endif
      > " return to quickfix/location list
      > exe curwin 'wincmd w'
      > unlet s:processing
      > endif
      > endif
      >
      > Now b:errorlist_type holds the type of quickfix list.

      > ---

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 9 , May 15 1:16 PM
        Hi Zhao!

        On Mi, 15 Mai 2013, Zhao Cai wrote:

        > Thanks. That is one of a way to do it.
        >
        > another way I notice it to parse the `ls` result. I have something like this in my environment (MacVim).
        >
        > > 16 a- "[Location List]" line 0
        > > 17 %a- "[Quickfix List]" line 1
        >
        > Do you get the same results?

        Not necessarily, since those strings can be localized.

        regards,
        Christian
        --
        Erst wenn es um unbedeutenden Kleinkram geht, werden
        Auseinandersetzungen wirklich bitter.

      • Zhao Cai
        Message 3 of 9 , May 18 3:30 PM
          Noted. Sorry about that! Thanks.