Re: empty bufname('%') for quick fix, location list and preview window.

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 9 , May 15, 2013
      On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:45:16 PM UTC-5, Christian Brabandt wrote:

      > Anyway, I am not aware of any option you can check to differentiate
      >
      > between quickfix and location lists. You could try to check the
      >
      > w:quickfix_title variable, it could give a clue.

      I did this differently. In an ftplugin file for "qf" type, I actually store off the current window number, call ":copen", and check to see whether the current window number is still the same. Note you need to have a guard variable to prevent recursion.

      if &buftype=='quickfix'
      if !exists('s:processing')
      let listbufnr = bufnr("%")
      let numwindows = winnr('$')
      let curwin = winnr()
      let s:processing = 1
      copen
      call setbufvar(listbufnr, 'errorlist_type', (curwin == winnr() ? quickfix' : 'location'))
      " close the quickfix list if it was closed when we began
      if numwindows != winnr('$')
      cclose
      endif
      " return to quickfix/location list
      exe curwin 'wincmd w'
      unlet s:processing
      endif
      endif

      Now b:errorlist_type holds the type of quickfix list.

    • Zhao Cai
      Message 2 of 9 , May 15, 2013
        Thanks. That is one of a way to do it.

        another way I notice it to parse the `ls` result. I have something like this in my environment (MacVim).

        > 16 a- "[Location List]" line 0
        > 17 %a- "[Quickfix List]" line 1

        Do you get the same results?

        Thanks.

        On May 15, 2013, at 11:18 AM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:

        > On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:45:16 PM UTC-5, Christian Brabandt wrote:
        >>
        >> Anyway, I am not aware of any option you can check to differentiate
        >>
        >> between quickfix and location lists. You could try to check the
        >>
        >> w:quickfix_title variable, it could give a clue.
        >>

        > I did this differently. In an ftplugin file for "qf" type, I actually store off the current window number, call ":copen", and check to see whether the current window number is still the same. Note you need to have a guard variable to prevent recursion.
        >
        > if &buftype=='quickfix'
        > if !exists('s:processing')
        > let listbufnr = bufnr("%")
        > let numwindows = winnr('$')
        > let curwin = winnr()
        > let s:processing = 1
        > copen
        > call setbufvar(listbufnr, 'errorlist_type', (curwin == winnr() ? quickfix' : 'location'))
        > " close the quickfix list if it was closed when we began
        > if numwindows != winnr('$')
        > cclose
        > endif
        > " return to quickfix/location list
        > exe curwin 'wincmd w'
        > unlet s:processing
        > endif
        > endif
        >
        > Now b:errorlist_type holds the type of quickfix list.

        > ---

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 9 , May 15, 2013
          Hi Zhao!

          On Mi, 15 Mai 2013, Zhao Cai wrote:

          > Thanks. That is one of a way to do it.
          >
          > another way I notice it to parse the `ls` result. I have something like this in my environment (MacVim).
          >
          > > 16 a- "[Location List]" line 0
          > > 17 %a- "[Quickfix List]" line 1
          >
          > Do you get the same results?

          Not necessarily, since those strings can be localized.

          regards,
          Christian
          --
          Erst wenn es um unbedeutenden Kleinkram geht, werden
          Auseinandersetzungen wirklich bitter.

        • Zhao Cai
          Message 4 of 9 , May 18, 2013
            Noted. Sorry about that! Thanks.