YAML file

  • ZyX
    Message 1 of 6 , May 11, 2013
      Note: currently my syntax file cannot handle all what is there correctly, neither can indentation script. I will eventually send patches for both of them.

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 2013
        I wrote:

        > The plan is to include a new regexp engine in Vim 7.4. For testing
        > I would like to get a lot of files for which we have syntax
        > highlighting. I can then compare the highlighting of these files with
        > the old and the new engine to find anything that is not compatible.
        >
        > Please send me a file that exercises most regexp patterns in the syntax
        > file. It doesn't need to be long, but it should be a complex example of
        > the language. Send it as an attachment to avoid the white space being
        > messed up by the mail system.
        >
        > I would prefer one file per syntax, but it must be valid syntax. If one
        > file is problematic (e.g., you can't concatenate small files without
        > making it invalid), then a few files would be OK. A rough goal would be
        > 1000 lines.
        >
        > At some later point we might also want to do performance measurements.
        > Although I already have a few "bad" examples for that.
        >
        > IMPORTANT: I will distribute the collection of files, so that others can
        > reproduce problems, do performance measurements, etc. Make sure your
        > file has a copyright that permits this. Don't reveal any secrets,
        > patents, trademarks, etc. A line stating that the Vim license applies
        > should be sufficient.

        With the few files I received I already found two bugs in the new regexp
        engine.

        But I received only 7 files. I need many more! So now asking everyone,
        not just syntax file maintainers, to send me files for testing. Please
        read the quoted text above for what the file should contain.

        --
        BRIDGEKEEPER: What is your favorite colour?
        GAWAIN: Blue ... No yelloooooww!

      • Charles E Campbell
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2013
          Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > I wrote:
          >
          >> The plan is to include a new regexp engine in Vim 7.4. For testing
          >> I would like to get a lot of files for which we have syntax
          >> highlighting. I can then compare the highlighting of these files with
          >> the old and the new engine to find anything that is not compatible.
          >>
          >> Please send me a file that exercises most regexp patterns in the syntax
          >> file. It doesn't need to be long, but it should be a complex example of
          >> the language. Send it as an attachment to avoid the white space being
          >> messed up by the mail system.
          >>
          >> I would prefer one file per syntax, but it must be valid syntax. If one
          >> file is problematic (e.g., you can't concatenate small files without
          >> making it invalid), then a few files would be OK. A rough goal would be
          >> 1000 lines.
          >>
          >> At some later point we might also want to do performance measurements.
          >> Although I already have a few "bad" examples for that.
          >>
          >> IMPORTANT: I will distribute the collection of files, so that others can
          >> reproduce problems, do performance measurements, etc. Make sure your
          >> file has a copyright that permits this. Don't reveal any secrets,
          >> patents, trademarks, etc. A line stating that the Vim license applies
          >> should be sufficient.
          > With the few files I received I already found two bugs in the new regexp
          > engine.
          >
          > But I received only 7 files. I need many more! So now asking everyone,
          > not just syntax file maintainers, to send me files for testing. Please
          > read the quoted text above for what the file should contain.

        • Rob Hoelz
          Message 4 of 6 , May 23, 2013
            On Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:00:11 PM UTC+2, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > The plan is to include a new regexp engine in Vim 7.4. For testing
            >
            > I would like to get a lot of files for which we have syntax
            >
            > highlighting. I can then compare the highlighting of these files with
            >
            > the old and the new engine to find anything that is not compatible.
            >

            > Please send me a file that exercises most regexp patterns in the syntax
            >
            > file. It doesn't need to be long, but it should be a complex example of
            >
            > the language. Send it as an attachment to avoid the white space being
            >
            > messed up by the mail system.
            >

            > I would prefer one file per syntax, but it must be valid syntax. If one
            >
            > file is problematic (e.g., you can't concatenate small files without
            >
            > making it invalid), then a few files would be OK. A rough goal would be
            >
            > 1000 lines.
            >

            > At some later point we might also want to do performance measurements.
            >
            > Although I already have a few "bad" examples for that.
            >

            > IMPORTANT: I will distribute the collection of files, so that others can
            >
            > reproduce problems, do performance measurements, etc. Make sure your
            >
            > file has a copyright that permits this. Don't reveal any secrets,
            >
            > patents, trademarks, etc. A line stating that the Vim license applies
            >
            > should be sufficient.
            >

            > --
            >
            > This is the polymorph virus! Follow these instructions carefully:
            >
            > 1. Send this message to everybody you know.
            >
            > 2. Format your harddisk.
            >
            > Thank you for your cooperation in spreading the most powerful virus ever!

            Here's a post I made on the general mailing list:

            https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/vim_use/QU7mW9RWnLc

            If you comment out the set regexpengine statement, it breaks the folding entirely.

            -Rob

          • Bram Moolenaar
            Message 5 of 6 , May 23, 2013
              Rob Hoelz wrote:

              > Here's a post I made on the general mailing list:
              >
              > https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/vim_use/QU7mW9RWnLc
              >
              > If you comment out the set regexpengine statement, it breaks the
              > folding entirely.

              I'm only testing with the actual syntax highlighting.
              If you see a particular pattern that's not working, please make an
              example in this form:

              echo matchlist("t", '\%#=1ú\Z')
              echo matchlist("t", '\%#=2ú\Z')

              --
              Westheimer's Discovery:
              A couple of months in the laboratory can