Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • vicky b
    Message 1 of 17 , May 10 6:10 AM
      Something for Java ;)

      On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Tim Gray <tgray@...> wrote:
      On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
      I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.

      Yes, please!!!!!

      I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

      Thanks & Regards
       Vickyb

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 17 , May 21 4:05 AM
        Ron Aaron wrote:

        > I know it's late to vote, but some sort of sane 'gdb' integration would
        > be supremely useful. I haven't found any packages for this that don't
        > involve a lot of setup.

        There are several implementations, including my own "Agide".
        Pick one that is the best and improve it...
        Most likely it won't require more than a few changes inside Vim itself.

        --
        Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
        does baby oil come from?

      • Klaus Rudolph
        Message 3 of 17 , May 21 4:45 AM

          > Hello Vim users,
          >
          > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
          > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
          > Vim 7.4!
          >
          > The top five of the voting list:
          > http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php
          >
          > 1. add IDE features
          > 2. add integration with Python instead of inventing more Vim script
          > 3. fix all problems, big and small; make Vim more robust
          > 4. improve syntax highlighting speed
          > 5. add collaborative editing

          BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

          Regards
          Klaus

        • ZyX
          Message 4 of 17 , May 22 8:02 PM
            > BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

            Really? Check out :h 'indentexpr'. It could be modified, but you will either have to do some hacks relying on cindent() result or rewrite everything what is there in C code in other language.