Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • Tim Gray
    Message 1 of 17 , May 10, 2013
      On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
      >> I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.
      >
      >Yes, please!!!!!

      I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

    • vicky b
      Message 2 of 17 , May 10, 2013
        Something for Java ;)

        On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Tim Gray <tgray@...> wrote:
        On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
        I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.

        Yes, please!!!!!

        I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

        Thanks & Regards
         Vickyb

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 17 , May 21, 2013
          Ron Aaron wrote:

          > I know it's late to vote, but some sort of sane 'gdb' integration would
          > be supremely useful. I haven't found any packages for this that don't
          > involve a lot of setup.

          There are several implementations, including my own "Agide".
          Pick one that is the best and improve it...
          Most likely it won't require more than a few changes inside Vim itself.

          --
          Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
          does baby oil come from?

        • Klaus Rudolph
          Message 4 of 17 , May 21, 2013

            > Hello Vim users,
            >
            > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
            > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
            > Vim 7.4!
            >
            > The top five of the voting list:
            > http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php
            >
            > 1. add IDE features
            > 2. add integration with Python instead of inventing more Vim script
            > 3. fix all problems, big and small; make Vim more robust
            > 4. improve syntax highlighting speed
            > 5. add collaborative editing

            BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

            Regards
            Klaus

          • ZyX
            Message 5 of 17 , May 22, 2013
              > BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

              Really? Check out :h 'indentexpr'. It could be modified, but you will either have to do some hacks relying on cindent() result or rewrite everything what is there in C code in other language.