Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • h_east
    Message 1 of 17 , May 10, 2013
      Ah, Sample screenshot attached.

      Best regards,
      Hirohito Higashi

    • Tim Gray
      Message 2 of 17 , May 10, 2013
        On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
        >> I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.
        >
        >Yes, please!!!!!

        I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

      • vicky b
        Message 3 of 17 , May 10, 2013
          Something for Java ;)

          On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Tim Gray <tgray@...> wrote:
          On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
          I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.

          Yes, please!!!!!

          I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

          Thanks & Regards
           Vickyb

        • Bram Moolenaar
          Message 4 of 17 , May 21, 2013
            Ron Aaron wrote:

            > I know it's late to vote, but some sort of sane 'gdb' integration would
            > be supremely useful. I haven't found any packages for this that don't
            > involve a lot of setup.

            There are several implementations, including my own "Agide".
            Pick one that is the best and improve it...
            Most likely it won't require more than a few changes inside Vim itself.

            --
            Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
            does baby oil come from?

          • Klaus Rudolph
            Message 5 of 17 , May 21, 2013

              > Hello Vim users,
              >
              > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
              > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
              > Vim 7.4!
              >
              > The top five of the voting list:
              > http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php
              >
              > 1. add IDE features
              > 2. add integration with Python instead of inventing more Vim script
              > 3. fix all problems, big and small; make Vim more robust
              > 4. improve syntax highlighting speed
              > 5. add collaborative editing

              BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

              Regards
              Klaus

            • ZyX
              Message 6 of 17 , May 22, 2013
                > BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

                Really? Check out :h 'indentexpr'. It could be modified, but you will either have to do some hacks relying on cindent() result or rewrite everything what is there in C code in other language.