Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • Andy Spencer
    Message 1 of 17 , May 9, 2013
      On 2013-05-09 05:51, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Hello Vim users,
      >
      > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
      > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
      > Vim 7.4!

      How about the gvim port to GTK 3? I'll see if I can get that working if
      there's a chance it'll be merged.

    • h_east
      Message 2 of 17 , May 10, 2013
        Hi, Bram and list

        2013/5/9(Thu) 12:51:48 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
        > Hello Vim users,
        >
        > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
        >
        > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
        >
        > Vim 7.4!

        In recent years, the resolution of the display device is up. But the statusline of Vim will remains 1 line.
        So, I wrote multi-lined statusline patch.
        But it has not been completed. (80% complete)
        Patch:
        https://gist.github.com/h-east/3158492/raw/97f28a9db549e6ac1a33eb4b9903c24795c14d68/vim_multi_statusline.patch
        Specification:
        English (See the patch of runtime/doc/options.txt)
        Add 'statuslineheight' option. (global or local to window option)
        Add '@' item to 'statusline' option.
        Add has('multi_statusline') for Vim script
        Japanese
        https://github.com/vim-jp/issues/issues/225#issuecomment-8045983

        Remaining works:
        - Write more document for ':help'.
        - When global and local option mixed use, often crashes Vim.
        - <C-W>= is not equals window height.
        - Add more test.
        - Add feature to multi-lined tabline. (Optional)

        Are you getting interested?

        Best regards,
        Hirohito Higashi

      • h_east
        Message 3 of 17 , May 10, 2013
          Ah, Sample screenshot attached.

          Best regards,
          Hirohito Higashi

        • Tim Gray
          Message 4 of 17 , May 10, 2013
            On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
            >> I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.
            >
            >Yes, please!!!!!

            I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

          • vicky b
            Message 5 of 17 , May 10, 2013
              Something for Java ;)

              On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Tim Gray <tgray@...> wrote:
              On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
              I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.

              Yes, please!!!!!

              I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

              Thanks & Regards
               Vickyb

            • Bram Moolenaar
              Message 6 of 17 , May 21, 2013
                Ron Aaron wrote:

                > I know it's late to vote, but some sort of sane 'gdb' integration would
                > be supremely useful. I haven't found any packages for this that don't
                > involve a lot of setup.

                There are several implementations, including my own "Agide".
                Pick one that is the best and improve it...
                Most likely it won't require more than a few changes inside Vim itself.

                --
                Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
                does baby oil come from?

              • Klaus Rudolph
                Message 7 of 17 , May 21, 2013

                  > Hello Vim users,
                  >
                  > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
                  > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
                  > Vim 7.4!
                  >
                  > The top five of the voting list:
                  > http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php
                  >
                  > 1. add IDE features
                  > 2. add integration with Python instead of inventing more Vim script
                  > 3. fix all problems, big and small; make Vim more robust
                  > 4. improve syntax highlighting speed
                  > 5. add collaborative editing

                  BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

                  Regards
                  Klaus

                • ZyX
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 22, 2013
                    > BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

                    Really? Check out :h 'indentexpr'. It could be modified, but you will either have to do some hacks relying on cindent() result or rewrite everything what is there in C code in other language.