Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • lith
    Message 1 of 17 , May 9 9:42 AM
      > I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.

      Yes, please!!!!!

    • Andy Spencer
      Message 2 of 17 , May 9 10:00 PM
        On 2013-05-09 05:51, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > Hello Vim users,
        >
        > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
        > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
        > Vim 7.4!

        How about the gvim port to GTK 3? I'll see if I can get that working if
        there's a chance it'll be merged.

      • h_east
        Message 3 of 17 , May 10 2:18 AM
          Hi, Bram and list

          2013/5/9(Thu) 12:51:48 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
          > Hello Vim users,
          >
          > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
          >
          > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
          >
          > Vim 7.4!

          In recent years, the resolution of the display device is up. But the statusline of Vim will remains 1 line.
          So, I wrote multi-lined statusline patch.
          But it has not been completed. (80% complete)
          Patch:
          https://gist.github.com/h-east/3158492/raw/97f28a9db549e6ac1a33eb4b9903c24795c14d68/vim_multi_statusline.patch
          Specification:
          English (See the patch of runtime/doc/options.txt)
          Add 'statuslineheight' option. (global or local to window option)
          Add '@' item to 'statusline' option.
          Add has('multi_statusline') for Vim script
          Japanese
          https://github.com/vim-jp/issues/issues/225#issuecomment-8045983

          Remaining works:
          - Write more document for ':help'.
          - When global and local option mixed use, often crashes Vim.
          - <C-W>= is not equals window height.
          - Add more test.
          - Add feature to multi-lined tabline. (Optional)

          Are you getting interested?

          Best regards,
          Hirohito Higashi

        • h_east
          Message 4 of 17 , May 10 2:24 AM
            Ah, Sample screenshot attached.

            Best regards,
            Hirohito Higashi

          • Tim Gray
            Message 5 of 17 , May 10 5:44 AM
              On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
              >> I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.
              >
              >Yes, please!!!!!

              I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

            • vicky b
              Message 6 of 17 , May 10 6:10 AM
                Something for Java ;)

                On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Tim Gray <tgray@...> wrote:
                On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
                I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.

                Yes, please!!!!!

                I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

                Thanks & Regards
                 Vickyb

              • Bram Moolenaar
                Message 7 of 17 , May 21 4:05 AM
                  Ron Aaron wrote:

                  > I know it's late to vote, but some sort of sane 'gdb' integration would
                  > be supremely useful. I haven't found any packages for this that don't
                  > involve a lot of setup.

                  There are several implementations, including my own "Agide".
                  Pick one that is the best and improve it...
                  Most likely it won't require more than a few changes inside Vim itself.

                  --
                  Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
                  does baby oil come from?

                • Klaus Rudolph
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 21 4:45 AM

                    > Hello Vim users,
                    >
                    > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
                    > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
                    > Vim 7.4!
                    >
                    > The top five of the voting list:
                    > http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php
                    >
                    > 1. add IDE features
                    > 2. add integration with Python instead of inventing more Vim script
                    > 3. fix all problems, big and small; make Vim more robust
                    > 4. improve syntax highlighting speed
                    > 5. add collaborative editing

                    BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

                    Regards
                    Klaus

                  • ZyX
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 22 8:02 PM
                      > BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

                      Really? Check out :h 'indentexpr'. It could be modified, but you will either have to do some hacks relying on cindent() result or rewrite everything what is there in C code in other language.