Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 17 , May 9, 2013
      Alice Wonder wrote:
      > On Thu, 2013-05-09 at 05:51 +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >> Hello Vim users,
      >>
      >> We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
      >> don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
      >> Vim 7.4!
      > Forgive me if this is already addressed in a patch, I'm pretty much
      > running a virgin 7.3 - I was planning to look through the patches at
      > some point and make my own patch if I didn't find it.
      >
      > The color syntax for rpm spec files does not add color to the %check
      > part of a spec file. It should be colored the same way as %prep %build %
      > install %files etc. - my guess is a very easy thing to do.

      * Read the top of the spec syntax highlighting file in your
      /usr/local/vim/vim73/syntax/spec.vim .
      * Send a note to the maintainer.

      Regards,
      C Campbell

    • lith
      Message 2 of 17 , May 9, 2013
        > I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.

        Yes, please!!!!!

      • Andy Spencer
        Message 3 of 17 , May 9, 2013
          On 2013-05-09 05:51, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > Hello Vim users,
          >
          > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
          > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
          > Vim 7.4!

          How about the gvim port to GTK 3? I'll see if I can get that working if
          there's a chance it'll be merged.

        • h_east
          Message 4 of 17 , May 10, 2013
            Hi, Bram and list

            2013/5/9(Thu) 12:51:48 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
            > Hello Vim users,
            >
            > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
            >
            > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
            >
            > Vim 7.4!

            In recent years, the resolution of the display device is up. But the statusline of Vim will remains 1 line.
            So, I wrote multi-lined statusline patch.
            But it has not been completed. (80% complete)
            Patch:
            https://gist.github.com/h-east/3158492/raw/97f28a9db549e6ac1a33eb4b9903c24795c14d68/vim_multi_statusline.patch
            Specification:
            English (See the patch of runtime/doc/options.txt)
            Add 'statuslineheight' option. (global or local to window option)
            Add '@' item to 'statusline' option.
            Add has('multi_statusline') for Vim script
            Japanese
            https://github.com/vim-jp/issues/issues/225#issuecomment-8045983

            Remaining works:
            - Write more document for ':help'.
            - When global and local option mixed use, often crashes Vim.
            - <C-W>= is not equals window height.
            - Add more test.
            - Add feature to multi-lined tabline. (Optional)

            Are you getting interested?

            Best regards,
            Hirohito Higashi

          • h_east
            Message 5 of 17 , May 10, 2013
              Ah, Sample screenshot attached.

              Best regards,
              Hirohito Higashi

            • Tim Gray
              Message 6 of 17 , May 10, 2013
                On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
                >> I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.
                >
                >Yes, please!!!!!

                I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

              • vicky b
                Message 7 of 17 , May 10, 2013
                  Something for Java ;)

                  On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Tim Gray <tgray@...> wrote:
                  On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
                  I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.

                  Yes, please!!!!!

                  I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

                  Thanks & Regards
                   Vickyb

                • Bram Moolenaar
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 21, 2013
                    Ron Aaron wrote:

                    > I know it's late to vote, but some sort of sane 'gdb' integration would
                    > be supremely useful. I haven't found any packages for this that don't
                    > involve a lot of setup.

                    There are several implementations, including my own "Agide".
                    Pick one that is the best and improve it...
                    Most likely it won't require more than a few changes inside Vim itself.

                    --
                    Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
                    does baby oil come from?

                  • Klaus Rudolph
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 21, 2013

                      > Hello Vim users,
                      >
                      > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
                      > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
                      > Vim 7.4!
                      >
                      > The top five of the voting list:
                      > http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php
                      >
                      > 1. add IDE features
                      > 2. add integration with Python instead of inventing more Vim script
                      > 3. fix all problems, big and small; make Vim more robust
                      > 4. improve syntax highlighting speed
                      > 5. add collaborative editing

                      BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

                      Regards
                      Klaus

                    • ZyX
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 22, 2013
                        > BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

                        Really? Check out :h 'indentexpr'. It could be modified, but you will either have to do some hacks relying on cindent() result or rewrite everything what is there in C code in other language.